- This event has passed.
Classic Orienteering: Schoellkopf Scout Camp
September 10, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$5 - $10
A regular Orienteering event featuring a Sprint course, then your choice of a Yellow (Advanced Beginner), Orange (Intermediate) and Red (Accomplished) courses. Map scale is 1:10,000 and in 5 colors.
Registration and training for beginner and intermediate participants 9:00 am-10:45 am. Start time for the sprint is 10:00 am and for the regular event 11:00 am.
Questions? Email the Meet Director: Phil Wolfling, or call him at (716) 832-9758. $10 fee ($5 members and scouts) includes 5-color park map and event entry. Asst. Meet Director Rob Reeves. Here’s a link to the location on Google Maps.
2016 Overall Results By Class
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
For most meets, registration and beginner instruction begins at 10:00am with starts from 11:00am to Noon, unless noted otherwise below.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- For safety reasons, all participants are required to carry whistles. A limited number are available for rental at meets.
Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.