Ellicottville Adventure Run 3 and 6 Hours
August 24 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
In Orienteering parlance, this is a Score-O / Mini-Rogaine lasting your choice of a 3-hour or 6-hour time limit. In everyday language, this is an opportunity to run or hike using a map to find numerous “flag” controls placed over a large area. Locate however many you desire in any order within your pre-chosen time limit. It’s a great format for both hard-core competition and casual family hiking.
Our event headquarters is at the CCC Camp Seneca on Hungry Hollow Road on the back side of McCarty Hill. From the village of Ellicottville take Route 219 South about 7.7 miles before turning right onto Hungry Hollow Road. Continue until the asphalt changes to gravel, then look for the club’s signs to the camp. Here’s a link to the location on Google Maps. The GPS coordinates are 42.2243817, -78.7025548.
Starting time for the 6-hour event is 11am and the 3-hour is 1pm. Please note that maps will be handed out at 10:00am and 12:30pm, respectively, so that participants can strategize. Questions? Email the Meet Director: Linc Blaisdell, or call him at (716) 479-9431.
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.