- This event has passed.
Guided Map Hike Series Day 1
July 6 @ 6:00 pm
Do you want to feel confident traveling the trails in our beautiful Western New York parks? Looking for fresh air and exercise? Want a challenge? Our Guided Map Hike Series is another way to get out there. Come out to Chestnut Ridge Park any Thursday from July 6 to July 27. Meet us at the Casino by the main parking lot. We start hiking at 6:00 pm, so be prompt.
In order to go on any of these hikes, participants must purchase our 2017 Chestnut Ridge map hike map for $10. It will be available from the hike leader at the beginning of each hike. Anyone who has purchased the map earlier in the season may use the same map. The same map may be used for all of the 2017 guided map hikes, so a single purchase is necessary. This map will also be useful for individuals while hiking on their own in the park.
The guided map hikes will take place on the park trails with a certain amount of off-trail walking to locate some of the 25 map hike controls attached to trees throughout the park.
Tonight’s leaders will be Linc Blaisdell and Jackie Novkov.
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
For most meets, registration and beginner instruction begins at 10:00am with starts from 11:00am to Noon, unless noted otherwise below.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- For safety reasons, all participants are required to carry whistles. A limited number are available for rental at meets.
Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.