- This event has passed.
Learn and Practice: Chestnut Ridge Park
May 20 @ 10:00 am$10
The day starts at 10:00 am with a 60-minute non-competitive training, learning and educational event for any experience level, for walkers or runners, individuals or families, all ages, featuring a practice course and experienced instructors.
Follow the signs to Registration at Shelter #21, just inside the Newton Road entrance.
Questions? Email the Meet Director Linc Blaisdell, or call him at (716) 479-9431. $10 fee includes instruction, 5-color park map and entry into one event in the regular meet that follows.
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
For most meets, registration and beginner instruction begins at 10:00am with starts from 11:00am to Noon, unless noted otherwise below.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- For safety reasons, all participants are required to carry whistles. A limited number are available for rental at meets.
Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO / ROC members and $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.