Upcoming Events › Sprint
Events List Navigation
A fun orienteering event celebrating spring in one of Buffalo's renowned Olmsted parks. Travel one 2.8 kilometer course around Delaware Park including the History Museum, Hoyt Lake, Marcy Casino, Rose Garden, Rumsey Woods, Mirror Lake and the Japanese Garden. Register and start at 11:00 am near the Buffalo History Museum on Nottingham Terrace near Elmwood Avenue. Designed for any experience level, walkers or runners. Instruction available. $10 registration fee ($5 members) includes instruction, meet and 5-color map. Questions about the…Find out more »
A regular Orienteering event featuring a Sprint course. Map scale is 1:10,000 and in 5 colors. Registration and training for beginner and intermediate participants 9:00 am-10:45 am. Start time for the sprint is 10:00 am and for the regular event 11:00 am. Questions? Email the Meet Director: Phil Wolfling, or call him at (716) 832-9758. $10 fee ($5 members and scouts) includes 5-color park map and event entry. If you'd like to participate in the meet that follows the sprint…Find out more »
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
For most meets, registration and beginner instruction begins at 10:00am with starts from 11:00am to Noon, unless noted otherwise below.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- For safety reasons, all participants are required to carry whistles. A limited number are available for rental at meets.
Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.