- This event has passed.
The Cherry Blossom Challenge
May 6, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm$5 - $10
Event #1 of the Get Out There and Get Started Series
A fun orienteering event celebrating spring in one of Buffalo’s renowned Olmsted parks. Travel one 2.8 kilometer course around Delaware Park including the History Museum, Hoyt Lake, Marcy Casino, Rose Garden, Rumsey Woods, Mirror Lake and the Japanese Garden.
Register and start at 11:00 am near the Buffalo History Museum on Nottingham Terrace near Elmwood Avenue. Designed for any experience level, walkers or runners. Instruction available. To guarantee yourself a map, register online here. A limited number of additional maps will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. $10 registration fee ($5 members) includes instruction, meet and 5-color map. See who is participating here.
Questions about online registration? Email the Registrar: Greg Hyatt, or call him at (716) 480-1713. Questions about the event? Email the Meet Director: David Cady, or call him at (716) 837-3737. Asst. Meet Director Adam Cady.
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
For most meets, registration and beginner instruction begins at 10:00am with starts from 11:00am to Noon, unless noted otherwise below.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- For safety reasons, all participants are required to carry whistles. A limited number are available for rental at meets.
Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.