Events Search and Views Navigation
The Ellicottville Adventure Run for 2020 has been cancelled. In Orienteering parlance, this is a Score-O / Mini-Rogaine lasting your choice of a 3-hour or 6-hour time limit. In everyday language, this is an opportunity to run or hike using a map to find numerous “flag” controls placed over a large area. Locate however many you desire in any order within your pre-chosen time limit. Our event headquarters is at the CCC Camp Seneca on Hungry Hollow Road on the…Find out more »
A solo orienteering event. Participants can download a map and complete the course at any time from September 5th to September 13th. IMPORTANT: There will be no on-site event management, so choose a course suitable for your skill and level of fitness. Downloading the map serves as agreement to a waiver in which you fully accept all risks and responsibilities for losses, costs and damages you incur as a result of your participation in this event, and that you release…Find out more »
This is a Score-O lasting 180 minutes. Numerous controls are placed over a large area. Locate as many you desire in any order within the time limit. It’s a great format for hard-core competitors who might finish in less than two hours and for casual hikers who will enjoy the extra time. Map scale is 1:10,000 and in 5 colors. Registration and training 10:30 am – 11:00 am. Mass start for the Score-O is 11:00 am. $10 fee ($5 members)…Find out more »
A Night O in Cazenovia Park Registration for the event is from 5:15 pm to 5:45 pm with a mass start at 6:00 PM. Registration and start is located at the “Shelter House” in Cazenovia Park. (42.848561 -78806425) (120 Cazenovia Street) Need directions? Check out the Google Maps Link. Participants will be divided into 5 groups, labeled 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4, depending on their navigational and physical abilities. Group “0” will run an easy 2.6 km course. Groups…Find out more »
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.