A solo orienteering event in Chestnut Ridge. Details to come.
The Annual Meeting for the 2024 season is planned for April 20, 2024 The general membership meeting will be held at Stohrer Lodge in Emery Park. The meeting will include some club news, recognition of map hike completions and a review of the upcoming season. The meeting is open to members, guests and map hike
The 2023 Cherry Blossom Challenge April 27 @ 11:00 am Location: Adjacent to the Japanese Garden in Delaware Park along Nottingham Terrace by the Buffalo History Museum. (42.935762 -78.875276) Join us for this casual and fun celebration of spring in conjunction with the Buffalo Cherry Blossom Festival. This event is designed for all experience levels and
A training event at Burmaster Park. Details to come.
June 15 @ 11:00 a.m. – noon Chestnut Ridge Park Shelter No. 21 off Newton Road entrance to park. This regular orienteering event is designed for all experience levels, and for walkers, runners, and groups. Three courses will be available. Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged and is the only way to guarantee we will have
Emery Park Classic 3 Courses July 14 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm This regular orienteering event is designed for all experience levels, and for walkers, runners, and family groups. Three courses will be available. Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged and is the only way to guarantee we will have a map for you.
This regular orienteering event is designed for all experience levels, and for walkers, runners, and family groups. Three courses will be available. Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged and is the only way to guarantee we will have a map for you. (We will also print a few maps for “day-of” registrations.) To register, go here.
Event Format: This is a Score-O lasting 180 minutes (3 hours). Numerous controls are placed over a large area. Locate as many you desire in any order within the time limit. It is a great format for hard-core competitors who might finish in less than two hours and for casual hikers who will enjoy the
Bring your flashlight or headlamp and join us for orienteering in the dark at Knox Farm State Park just outside East Aurora. This year’s event will feature 3 courses from 2 – 4 km in length. All have easy control locations. There will be a mass start. The time limit is 90 minutes. Online registration
· Always report to the finish personnel even if you decide not to complete your course.
· Online registration is strongly suggested for all events and is the only way to guarantee that a map will be available for you. The deadline for online registration is generally the Thursday night before a weekend event. A limited number of maps will be available for registration on the day of the event.
· For safety reasons, all participants should carry a whistle.
· For forest events, leg coverings should be worn.
· Entry fees are $5 for members in good standing of any orienteering club affiliated with OUSA, COF, or IOF. Juniors (up to and including age 20), who are part of a BFLO Family Membership, participate for free. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10 (Juniors $5). Some special events may charge more, such as the Ellicottville Adventure Run.
· Non-Member children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. A coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form. Generally, children do not receive a map when participating in a group with older people.
· Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group when you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
· Events are held rain or shine.
· At online registration and event information, participants are asked to stay home if they are not feeling well or have tested positive for Covid. Participants are informed that their fees will be returned if they inform the registrar they are sick with a communicable illness before their arrival time.
· At all events someone will be available to provide a briefing for newcomers. When you register online please indicate that this is your first time attending an event by answering the appropriate question on the registration form.
· WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.
· A limited number of compasses are available to borrow.