Events Search and Views Navigation
Long and short courses available for solo orienteering from May 31, 2020 through June 7, 2020. Print out a short course map or a long course map starting on May 30th and complete anytime during the days that orienteering flags will be up in the park. IMPORTANT: There will be no on-site event management, so choose a course suitable for your skill and level of fitness. Downloading the map serves as agreement to a waiver in which you fully accept…Find out more »
A solo orienteering event. Participants will be able to download a map and complete the course at any time during a two week time period. Participants will time themselves out on the course and upload their results to the club website. More details about the event will be available as the date for the event approaches. There is no cost for this event. If you enjoy orienteering you might want to consider becoming a member of the Buffalo Orienteering Club. If…Find out more »
In Orienteering parlance, this is a Score-O / Mini-Rogaine lasting your choice of a 3-hour or 6-hour time limit. In everyday language, this is an opportunity to run or hike using a map to find numerous “flag” controls placed over a large area. Locate however many you desire in any order within your pre-chosen time limit. Our event headquarters is at the CCC Camp Seneca on Hungry Hollow Road on the back side of McCarty Hill. From the village of…Find out more »
A regular orienteering meet with a choice of white, yellow or orange courses. Registration is from 10:30am until 11:30am. Registration fee is $10 ($5) for members.Find out more »
This is a Score-O lasting 180 minutes. Numerous controls are placed over a large area. Locate as many you desire in any order within the time limit. It’s a great format for hard-core competitors who might finish in less than two hours and for casual hikers who will enjoy the extra time. Map scale is 1:10,000 and in 5 colors. Registration and training 10:30 am – 11:00 am. Mass start for the Score-O is 11:00 am. $10 fee ($5 members)…Find out more »
A Night O in Cazenovia Park Registration for the event is from 5:15 pm to 5:45 pm with a mass start at 6:00 PM. Registration and start is located at the “Shelter House” in Cazenovia Park. (42.848561 -78806425) (120 Cazenovia Street) Need directions? Check out the Google Maps Link. Participants will be divided into 5 groups, labeled 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4, depending on their navigational and physical abilities. Group “0” will run an easy 2.6 km course. Groups…Find out more »
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.