Events List Navigation
The intermediate training session on Saturday, September 22, 2018 will concentrate on teaching those skills that are necessary to progress from the Yellow to the Orange Course and beyond. These skills include pace counting, compass bearings, attack points, using handrails and catching features, contour interpretation, and map simplification. The session will be held from 10 AM to 1 PM at Sprague Brook Park. Follow signs from the park entrance to the meeting place. The session is free but participants must…Find out more »
A regular Orienteering event featuring a Sprint course. Map scale is 1:10,000 and in 5 colors. Registration is from 9:30 - 10:00 am. Start time for the sprint is 10:00 am. Beginner instruction is available upon request. Questions? Email the Meet Director: Rob Reeves, or call him at (716) 930-1821. $10 fee ($5 members and scouts) includes 5-color park map and event entry. If you'd like to participate in the meet that follows the sprint you do not need to…Find out more »
This is a Score-O lasting 180 minutes. Numerous controls are placed over a large area. Locate as many you desire in any order within the time limit. It's a great format for hard-core competitors who might finish in less than two hours and for casual hikers who will enjoy the extra time. Map scale is 1:10,000 and in 5 colors. Registration is from 10:30 - 11:00 am. Start time for the Score-O event 11:00 am. Beginner instruction is available upon…Find out more »
This is a Score-O lasting 180 minutes. Numerous controls are placed over a large area. Locate as many you desire in any order within the time limit. It's a great format for hard-core competitors who might finish in less than two hours and for casual hikers who will enjoy the extra time. Map scale is 1:10,000 and in 5 colors. Register 10:30 am-11:00 am. Starting time is 11:00am. Meet at the Centerline Rd entrance to the park. Hunters Creek Park…Find out more »
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
For most meets, registration and beginner instruction begins at 10:00am with starts from 11:00am to Noon, unless noted otherwise below.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- For safety reasons, all participants are required to carry whistles. A limited number are available for rental at meets.
Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.