- This event has passed.
Cazenovia Park Night-O
November 9, 2019 @ 5:15 pm - 5:45 pm
A Night O in Cazenovia Park
Registration for the event is from 5:15 pm to 5:45 pm with a mass start at 6:00 PM.
Registration and start is located at the “Shelter House” in Cazenovia Park. (42.848561 -78806425) (120 Cazenovia Street) Need directions? Check out the Google Maps Link.
Participants will be divided into 5 groups, labeled 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4, depending on their navigational and physical abilities. Group “0” will run an easy 2.6 km course. Groups 1-4 will run the same course but first will have to visit a series of score-O controls. The number of score-O controls they have to visit will correspond to their group number. They can visit the score-O controls in any order.
You will need to bring a flashlight or headlamp.
The nearest bathroom is a porta-potty 350 meters away so plan accordingly.
Map scale is 1:5,000 and in 5 colors. $10 fee ($5 members) includes 5-color park map and event entry. Questions? Email the Meet Director: Dave Cady.
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.