- This event has passed.
Cazenovia Park Night-O
November 9, 2019 @ 5:15 pm - 5:45 pm
A Night O in Cazenovia Park
Registration for the event is from 5:15 pm to 5:45 pm with a mass start at 6:00 PM.
Registration and start is located at the “Shelter House” in Cazenovia Park. (42.848561 -78806425) (120 Cazenovia Street) Need directions? Check out the Google Maps Link.
Participants will be divided into 5 groups, labeled 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4, depending on their navigational and physical abilities. Group “0” will run an easy 2.6 km course. Groups 1-4 will run the same course but first will have to visit a series of score-O controls. The number of score-O controls they have to visit will correspond to their group number. They can visit the score-O controls in any order.
You will need to bring a flashlight or headlamp.
The nearest bathroom is a porta-potty 350 meters away so plan accordingly.
Map scale is 1:5,000 and in 5 colors. $10 fee ($5 members) includes 5-color park map and event entry. Questions? Email the Meet Director: Dave Cady.
· Always report to the finish personnel even if you decide not to complete your course.
· Online registration is strongly suggested for all events and is the only way to guarantee that a map will be available for you. The deadline for online registration is generally the Thursday night before a weekend event. A limited number of maps will be available for registration on the day of the event.
· For safety reasons, all participants should carry a whistle.
· For forest events, leg coverings should be worn.
· Entry fees are $5 for members in good standing of any orienteering club affiliated with OUSA, COF, or IOF. Juniors (up to and including age 20), who are part of a BFLO Family Membership, participate for free. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10 (Juniors $5). Some special events may charge more, such as the Ellicottville Adventure Run.
· Non-Member children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. A coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form. Generally, children do not receive a map when participating in a group with older people.
· Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group when you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
· Events are held rain or shine.
· At online registration and event information, participants are asked to stay home if they are not feeling well or have tested positive for Covid. Participants are informed that their fees will be returned if they inform the registrar they are sick with a communicable illness before their arrival time.
· At all events someone will be available to provide a briefing for newcomers. When you register online please indicate that this is your first time attending an event by answering the appropriate question on the registration form.
· WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.
· A limited number of compasses are available to borrow.
· Contact the Event Director if you have any other questions about an event.