- This event has passed.
Hunters Creek Solo Event
June 20 @ 6:00 am - June 28 @ 8:30 pm
A solo orienteering event featuring a red or green course. Participants can download a map and complete the course at any time from June 20th to June 28th. IMPORTANT: There will be no on-site event management, so choose a course suitable for your skill and level of fitness. Downloading the map serves as agreement to a waiver in which you fully accept all risks and responsibilities for losses, costs and damages you incur as a result of your participation in this event, and that you release the Buffalo Orienteering Club, Erie County and OUSA from any liability. A copy of the waiver is posted here.
To be included in the event results:
Time yourself as you complete the course if you’d like to be included in the event results. Complete this form to enter your results. On the form you will enter your name, which course you completed, and your time. That information will be put into the final results. The form will be available from June 20, 2020 until June 28, 2020.
Parking will be at the South parking lot. Both courses start and end at this parking lot. Parking is tight at peak times on the weekend days because this is a very popular park right now.
There are no restrooms available at Hunters Creek Park. Plan accordingly.
Safety tips: Carry compass and whistle, cell phone ( if you can get service in the area.) Team up with someone or let someone know where you are going. If you get hopelessly lost, know that you can follow compass heading South from anywhere in the park and the trails will lead you back to the parking lot or the main road. There are deer in the park and ticks are possible. Bring spray if you want and check for them on you afterwards.
There is no cost for this event. If you enjoy orienteering you might want to consider becoming a member of the Buffalo Orienteering Club. If you’d like to contribute to the cost of putting on the event a suggested donation of $5.00 can be accepted via paypal at the email email@example.com.
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.