- This event has passed.
Knox Farm 3-Course Meet
June 18, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This regular orienteering event is designed for all experience levels, and for walkers, runners, and family groups. The start will be next to the main parking lot off of route 16. Three courses will be available.
The three courses: a 2.6 kilometer (1.6 mile) Casual White course (1:7500) for beginners, a 3.3 kilometer (2.1 miles) Mellow Yellow course (1:10000), and a 5.5 kilometer (3.4 mile) Twisted Orange course (1:10000). The time limit is three hours.
Online preregistration is required. To register go here. There will be limited registration on site. The registration deadline is Wednesday, June 15 at 11:00 p.m.
(Note: Each member of a group must register and sign the waiver. We recommend that a group leader complete the registration for all group members.)
All individuals and groups are welcome. Contact the event director if your group is larger than 4 people. The fee to participate is $5 for members of any orienteering club or $10 for non-members. Juniors, born 2002-2010, pay $5. Participants over the age of 11 pay the appropriate entry fee and receive a map.
Pre-registered participants may check in at the pop-up shelters and start at any time from 10 a.m. to noon.
Email the event Director Phil Wolfling or call at (716-832-9758) if you have any questions about the event or if your group is larger than 4 people.
· Always report to the finish personnel even if you decide not to complete your course.
· Online registration is strongly suggested for all events and is the only way to guarantee that a map will be available for you. The deadline for online registration is generally the Thursday night before a weekend event. A limited number of maps will be available for registration on the day of the event.
· For safety reasons, all participants should carry a whistle.
· For forest events, leg coverings should be worn.
· Entry fees are $5 for members in good standing of any orienteering club affiliated with OUSA, COF, or IOF. Juniors (up to and including age 20), who are part of a BFLO Family Membership, participate for free. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10 (Juniors $5). Some special events may charge more, such as the Ellicottville Adventure Run.
· Non-Member children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. A coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form. Generally, children do not receive a map when participating in a group with older people.
· Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group when you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
· Events are held rain or shine.
· At online registration and event information, participants are asked to stay home if they are not feeling well or have tested positive for Covid. Participants are informed that their fees will be returned if they inform the registrar they are sick with a communicable illness before their arrival time.
· At all events someone will be available to provide a briefing for newcomers. When you register online please indicate that this is your first time attending an event by answering the appropriate question on the registration form.
· WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.
· A limited number of compasses are available to borrow.
· Contact the Event Director if you have any other questions about an event.