- This event has passed.
Sardinia National Meet
June 9, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 7:45 am$10 – $15
National Ranking Event
A National orienteering meet featuring multiple courses and a map scale of 1:10,000 in 5 colors. Although this is a national meet and a ranking event the meet features courses for the beginner or advanced orienteer.
- white (beginner)
- yellow (advanced beginner)
- orange (intermediate)
- green (advanced short)
- red (advanced)
- blue and brown may compete on red and orange respectively
Registration is $15 for non-club members and $10 for club members. Pre-registration is available online here. See a list of who’s competing here. On site registration is available from 11:00 am-11:45 am. If you are a beginner and would like some instruction just ask when you register. Start times determined on site on the day of the event.
If you have questions email the Meet Director: Katy Carrier, or call her at (716) 574-9574.
· Always report to the finish personnel even if you decide not to complete your course.
· Online registration is strongly suggested for all events and is the only way to guarantee that a map will be available for you. The deadline for online registration is generally the Thursday night before a weekend event. A limited number of maps will be available for registration on the day of the event.
· For safety reasons, all participants should carry a whistle.
· For forest events, leg coverings should be worn.
· Entry fees are $5 for members in good standing of any orienteering club affiliated with OUSA, COF, or IOF. Juniors (up to and including age 20), who are part of a BFLO Family Membership, participate for free. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10 (Juniors $5). Some special events may charge more, such as the Ellicottville Adventure Run.
· Non-Member children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. A coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form. Generally, children do not receive a map when participating in a group with older people.
· Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group when you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
· Events are held rain or shine.
· At online registration and event information, participants are asked to stay home if they are not feeling well or have tested positive for Covid. Participants are informed that their fees will be returned if they inform the registrar they are sick with a communicable illness before their arrival time.
· At all events someone will be available to provide a briefing for newcomers. When you register online please indicate that this is your first time attending an event by answering the appropriate question on the registration form.
· WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.
· A limited number of compasses are available to borrow.