- This event has passed.
The Cherry Blossom Challenge
May 6, 2017 @ 7:00 am - 11:00 am$5 – $10
Event #1 of the Get Out There and Get Started Series
A fun orienteering event celebrating spring in one of Buffalo’s renowned Olmsted parks. Travel one 2.8 kilometer course around Delaware Park including the History Museum, Hoyt Lake, Marcy Casino, Rose Garden, Rumsey Woods, Mirror Lake and the Japanese Garden.
Register and start at 11:00 am near the Buffalo History Museum on Nottingham Terrace near Elmwood Avenue. Designed for any experience level, walkers or runners. Instruction available. To guarantee yourself a map, register online here. A limited number of additional maps will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. $10 registration fee ($5 members) includes instruction, meet and 5-color map. See who is participating here.
Questions about online registration? Email the Registrar: Greg Hyatt, or call him at (716) 480-1713. Questions about the event? Email the Meet Director: David Cady, or call him at (716) 837-3737. Asst. Meet Director Adam Cady.
- Information specific to an event can be obtained by contacting the Event Director.
- On-line pre-registration is strongly suggested for all events and is the only way to guarantee that a map will be available for you. The deadline for on-line registration is generally the Thursday night before a weekend event. A limited number of maps will be available for registration on the day of the event.
- For safety reasons, it is suggested that all participants carry a whistle.
- For forest events it is suggested that leg coverings be worn.
- Entry fees are $5 for members of any orienteering club. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10. Some special events may charge more.
- When registering for an event, members utilize a coupon code to get the member rate. At the beginning of the season this code is emailed to all members of BFLO and ROC. Members of other clubs should contact the event director for the code.
- Juniors, those from 12-20 years of age, pay the member rate.
- Children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. The coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form.
- A limited number of compasses are available to borrow.
- Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group as you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
- Events are held rain or shine. Entry fees are not refundable.
- Some events have an instructional component. At events without formal instruction, there will be someone to provide a briefing for newcomers.
- WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.