Events Search and Views Navigation
Event Details: A solo orienteering event from June 19, 2021 through June 27, 2021. There are two courses available, both are advanced courses: Short with 9 controls over a 4.0 km course, and Long with 13 controls over a 5.3 km course. This is a Solo event with no Onsite Event Management. The controls will be up from June 19th at 10am until June 27th at 4pm. Complete anytime during the days that orienteering flags will be up in the…Find out more »
The Buffalo Orienteering Club usually holds its Learn & Practice sessions in conjunction with our meets, but that has not been possible while our meets have been solo events. We are offering a special Learn & Practice session at Chestnut Ridge Park on July 17, 2021. This event is full and registration is closed. Please note: To ensure that everyone has the best learning experience possible this event will be limited to 50 participants. Details Procedures: When you arrive, volunteers…Find out more »
We are offering a special Learn & Practice session at Chestnut Ridge Park on July 17, 2021. Please note: To ensure that everyone has the best learning experience possible this event will be limited and registration will close when the limit has been reached. Details Procedures: When you arrive, volunteers will check your name on the list and assign you to a group for the instruction at the Learn part of the event. Instruction will begin at 10:00. After the…Find out more »
Event Details This is an in person orienteering meet in Sprague Brook Park with three courses. There will be a white/yellow course, a green course and a red course. Registration and start is at Shelter No. 6. Although there will be signs when you enter the park, the shelter is in the center of of a group of shelters that is past the bridge. Course Details White/Yellow Course: 8 controls, 1.8 km Green Course: 11 controls, 4.2 km Red Course:…Find out more »
Event Details: The course will be a Score-O format. There will be no on-site event management, so choose a course suitable for your skill and level of fitness. Registration: To participate in the course there is a $10 fee for non-members or a $5.00 fee for members. Interested in becoming a member? You can do so here. Fees can be paid through registration. To register: 1) Register Online & Pay – Register here. 2) You will receive an email with links…Find out more »
Event format One hour score-O. Fifteen controls located both north and south of Emery Road. Participants are allowed to use skis, snowshoes, or regular boots or shoes. Registration All registration will take place online. Registration is open and available here. The fee to register is $5 for Club members and $10 for non-members. The deadline for registration is Thursday 2/10/22 at 11:59 pm. There will be no day of event on-site registration. Day of Event Procedures Check-in starts at 11:45…Find out more »
Join us for a Zoom meeting for the Annual meeting to start the 2022 orienteering season. The Zoom info and link will be emailed to all current club members. The meeting will include some club news, recognition of map hike completions and a review of the upcoming season. The online festivities start at 10:00am.Find out more »
The 7th Annual Cherry Blossom Challenge May 1 @ 11:00 am Delaware Park on Nottingham Terrace by the Buffalo History Museum. (42.935762 -78.875276) We are so happy to be back in person for this casual and fun celebration of spring in conjunction with the Buffalo Cherry Blossom Festival. This event is designed for all experience levels and for walkers, runners, and family groups. Two courses will be available which traverse the Hoyt and Mirror Lake parts of Delaware Park: a…Find out more »
Chestnut Ridge Park, Shelter No. 8, about 2/10 of a mile past the park casino on the east side of the park. Use the main park entrance off of Route 277 in Orchard Park. This regular orienteering event is designed for all experience levels, and for walkers, runners, and family groups. Three courses will be available. There also will be a learn-and-practice session to learn or brush up on map and compass skills. The three courses: a 2.9 kilometer (1.8…Find out more »
- Information specific to an event can be obtained by contacting the Event Director.
- On-line registration is required for all events.
- For safety reasons, it is suggested that all participants carry a whistle.
- For forest events it is suggested that leg coverings be worn.
- Entry fees are $5 for members of any orienteering club. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10. Some special events may charge more.
- When registering for an event, members utilize a coupon code to get the member rate. At the beginning of the season this code is emailed to all members of BFLO and ROC. Members of other clubs should contact the event director for the code.
- Juniors, those from 12-20 years of age, pay the member rate.
- Children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. The coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form.
- Adult supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts pay the member rate.
- A limited number of compasses are available to borrow with advance notice.
- Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group as you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
- Events are held rain or shine. Entry fees are not refundable.
- Some events have an instructional component. At events without formal instruction, there will be someone to provide a briefing for newcomers.
- WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.