All the club’s meets need volunteers in order to have a successful event. If you would like to help with part of a meet, please contact the meet director by reviewing the Event Schedule. A description of the full responsibilities of a meet director can be found here. Descriptions of volunteer opportunities are below. Volunteers are still able to participate in the meet.
- Participant MUST sign waiver of liability. Be sure to obtain phone number, address and license plate number.
- Collect meet fee. Make sure participant know that they must check in at the download area whether they complete the course or not.
- Determine entrants course and provide them with a map, map case, control card and the appropriate course clue sheet.
- Direct beginners to the instructional area.
- Direct participants to the electronics area to get their dibbler.
- Man the map hike table at meets selling the map hike maps.
- Determine where the controls will be placed for the meet for the various courses. Ex. white, yellow, orange, green and red courses.
- Check possible control locations prior to a meet and work with the course designer.
Putting out controls
- Help place controls for a meet possibly the day before the meet or the morning of the meet.
- Responsible for helping the meet director collect control flags after the meet.
- Work the computer
- Hand out dibblers
- Monitor results
- Training is provided if you are interested in helping in this area.
- Shop for snacks and bring snacks to the meet.
- Take photos during a meet for club use.