- This event has passed.
Chestnut Ridge Learn and Practice
August 22 @ 9:30 am - 10:00 amFree – $5
We are offering a special Learn & Practice session at Chestnut Ridge Park on July 17, 2021. Please note: To ensure that everyone has the best learning experience possible this event will be limited and registration will close when the limit has been reached.
Procedures: When you arrive, volunteers will check your name on the list and assign you to a group for the instruction at the Learn part of the event. Instruction will begin at 10:00. After the instructor has walked his or her group around the Learn course, the participants will start the Practice part of the event as soon as they are ready. The Learn session should take about an hour and the Practice session should take about another hour. Participants can do the Practice course as individuals or in a group.
Registration and Fees: Free for club members with coupon code. Email email@example.com to request the code before registering. The cost for non-members is $5.00 per person. Online registration only here. Only pre-registered persons will be allowed to participate.
Interested in becoming a member? You can do so here.
Equipment: While participants do not need to bring anything to the event, a base-plate compass would be helpful because the club has very few to loan out. The map that includes both the Learn course and the Practice course will be handed to participants when they sign in.
Location: Shelter 23 (best accessed from the Newton Road entrance). We will have signs to guide you to the shelter.
Time: Participants should arrive at shelter 23 between 9:30 and 10:00.
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.