Ellicottville Adventure Run
August 20 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Buffalo Orienteering Club invites you to the Ellicottville Adventure Run & Hike. Participants will use very detailed maps to find as many as 40 orange and white triangular flags placed on, off and way off forest trails in the 6,000-acre Rock City and McCarty Hill State Forests, located between Salamanca and Ellicottville, NY. When registering, participants choose a 3-hour or 6-hour time limit and whether they will go individually or as members of a group. It’s a great format for both hardcore competitors and casual family hiking. Afterwards, the picturesque Village of Ellicottville is ready to greet you with hotels, restaurants, shops, and, yes, more than a few drinking establishments with live music.
Click here for all the details.
- Information specific to an event can be obtained by contacting the Event Director.
- On-line registration is required for all events.
- For safety reasons, it is suggested that all participants carry a whistle.
- For forest events it is suggested that leg coverings be worn.
- Entry fees are $5 for members of any orienteering club. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10. Some special events may charge more.
- When registering for an event, members utilize a coupon code to get the member rate. At the beginning of the season this code is emailed to all members of BFLO and ROC. Members of other clubs should contact the event director for the code.
- Juniors, those from 12-20 years of age, pay the member rate.
- Children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. The coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form.
- Adult supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts pay the member rate.
- A limited number of compasses are available to borrow with advance notice.
- Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group as you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
- Events are held rain or shine. Entry fees are not refundable.
- Some events have an instructional component. At events without formal instruction, there will be someone to provide a briefing for newcomers.
- WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.