Sprague Brook Park Meet
September 10 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm$5 – $10
This regular orienteering event is designed for all experience levels, and for walkers, runners, and family groups. Location is Sprague Brook Park. Use main entrance and turn left at main park road, Shelter #4 is on the left just past the casino. Four courses will be available. The four courses: a 1.7 kilometer White course for beginners, a 2.6 kilometer Yellow course for advanced beginners, a 4.2 kilometer Orange course for intermediate, and a 4.1 kilometer Brown course for Advanced. All maps are (1:10000) scale.
Online preregistration is required. To register go here. EventReg | Sprague Brook Park – 4 Course Meet (orienteeringusa.org) There will be no registration on site. The registration deadline is Wednesday, September 7 at 11:00 p.m. Note that entering this event will preclude you from qualifying for awards and ranking points if you plan to attend OUSA Masters Nationals event in September 2023.
(Note: Each member of a group must register and sign the waiver. We recommend that a group leader complete the registration for all group members.) All individuals and groups are welcome. Contact the event director if your group is larger than 4 people. The fee to participate is $5 for members of any orienteering club or $10 for non-members. Juniors, born 2002-2010, pay $5. Participants over the age of 11 pay the appropriate entry fee and receive a map. Pre-registered participants please check in at Shelter#4 and start at any time from 11 a.m. to noon. Courses close at 2:30 pm. Email the event Director Peter Weber or call at (716-243-5371) if you have any questions about the event or if your group is larger than 4 people.
- Information specific to an event can be obtained by contacting the Event Director.
- On-line registration is required for all events.
- For safety reasons, it is suggested that all participants carry a whistle.
- For forest events it is suggested that leg coverings be worn.
- Entry fees are $5 for members of any orienteering club. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10. Some special events may charge more.
- When registering for an event, members utilize a coupon code to get the member rate. At the beginning of the season this code is emailed to all members of BFLO and ROC. Members of other clubs should contact the event director for the code.
- Juniors, those from 12-20 years of age, pay the member rate.
- Children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. The coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form.
- Adult supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts pay the member rate.
- A limited number of compasses are available to borrow with advance notice.
- Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group as you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
- Events are held rain or shine. Entry fees are not refundable.
- Some events have an instructional component. At events without formal instruction, there will be someone to provide a briefing for newcomers.
- WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.