- This event has passed.
Sgt. Rademacher Park (Hunter’s Creek) Score-O
June 17 @ 11:15 am - 11:45 am
Sgt. Mark A. Rademacher Memorial Park (aka Hunters Creek Park)
Saturday June 17
This is a three hour score-O with twenty four controls. Mass start at Noon. Check-in 11:15 AM to 11:45 AM pick up SI-card. Registration tent and Start/Finish located at the North parking lot located on Hunters Creek Rd. On Google Maps it identifies as “Hunters Creek Lower Parking” Time limit 3 hours from the official mass start. There are no facilities at this park, but a porta-potty has been rented for the event.
Online pre-registration is strongly encouraged and is the only way to guarantee we will have a map for you. (We will also print a few maps for “day-of” registrations.) The deadline for online will be Thursday June 15 at 11:00pm. To register, go here.
All individuals and groups are welcome. Everyone who attends must be registered, sign the waiver and pay the appropriate fee. The fee to participate is $5 for members of any orienteering club or $10 for non-members. Juniors (20 and under) who are part of a BFLO family membership, participate for free, otherwise $5. Children (11 and under) participate for free but must be registered by their parent.
· Always report to the finish personnel even if you decide not to complete your course.
· Online registration is strongly suggested for all events and is the only way to guarantee that a map will be available for you. The deadline for online registration is generally the Thursday night before a weekend event. A limited number of maps will be available for registration on the day of the event.
· For safety reasons, all participants should carry a whistle.
· For forest events, leg coverings should be worn.
· Entry fees are $5 for members in good standing of any orienteering club affiliated with OUSA, COF, or IOF. Juniors (up to and including age 20), who are part of a BFLO Family Membership, participate for free. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10 (Juniors $5). Some special events may charge more, such as the Ellicottville Adventure Run.
· Non-Member children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. A coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form. Generally, children do not receive a map when participating in a group with older people.
· Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group when you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
· Events are held rain or shine.
· At online registration and event information, participants are asked to stay home if they are not feeling well or have tested positive for Covid. Participants are informed that their fees will be returned if they inform the registrar they are sick with a communicable illness before their arrival time.
· At all events someone will be available to provide a briefing for newcomers. When you register online please indicate that this is your first time attending an event by answering the appropriate question on the registration form.
· WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.
· A limited number of compasses are available to borrow.