- This event has passed.
Sprague Brook Park In Person Meet
September 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$5 – $10
This is an in person orienteering meet in Sprague Brook Park with three courses. There will be a white/yellow course, a green course and a red course. Registration and start is at Shelter No. 6. Although there will be signs when you enter the park, the shelter is in the center of of a group of shelters that is past the bridge.
White/Yellow Course: 8 controls, 1.8 km
Green Course: 11 controls, 4.2 km
Red Course: 13 controls, 5.9 km
For guidance in choosing a course OUSA describes the colors as follows:
white: very easy
In general, beginner courses are on or near trails and focus on distinct map features. The four advanced courses (brown, green, red and blue) all have the same level of navigational difficulty but differ in distances and climbs.
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged and is available here. Fees can be paid through registration. There will be a limited number of maps available on the day of the event.
To participate in the event there is a $10 fee for non-members or a $5.00 fee for members. Interested in becoming a member? You can do so here.
· Always report to the finish personnel even if you decide not to complete your course.
· Online registration is strongly suggested for all events and is the only way to guarantee that a map will be available for you. The deadline for online registration is generally the Thursday night before a weekend event. A limited number of maps will be available for registration on the day of the event.
· For safety reasons, all participants should carry a whistle.
· For forest events, leg coverings should be worn.
· Entry fees are $5 for members in good standing of any orienteering club affiliated with OUSA, COF, or IOF. Juniors (up to and including age 20), who are part of a BFLO Family Membership, participate for free. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10 (Juniors $5). Some special events may charge more, such as the Ellicottville Adventure Run.
· Non-Member children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. A coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form. Generally, children do not receive a map when participating in a group with older people.
· Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group when you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
· Events are held rain or shine. If a registered participant notifies the club that they are sick with a communicable illness, a refund of all fees is offered.
· At online registration and event information, participants are asked to stay home if they are not feeling well or have tested positive for Covid. Participants are informed that their fees will be returned if they inform the registrar they are sick with a communicable illness before their arrival time.
· At all events someone will be available to provide a briefing for newcomers. When you register online please indicate that this is your first time attending an event by answering the appropriate question on the registration form.
· WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.
· A limited number of compasses are available to borrow.