- This event has passed.
Sardinia Forest Solo Score-O Event
October 2, 2021 @ 10:00 am - October 10, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
To participate in the course there is a $10 fee for non-members or a $5.00 fee for members. Interested in becoming a member? You can do so here. Fees can be paid through registration.
1) Register Online & Pay – Register here.
2) You will receive an email with links to the course map.
3) Download & print your map or maps.
4) Go out & orienteer.
5) Record your time and your point total.
6) Complete the form below to be included in the results.
To be included in the event results:
You have three hours to find as many controls as possible and return to the start location, earning the indicated point value for each control you find. Please keep track of both your point total and your time if you plan to submit your results to the Club. Have fun and be safe! Complete this online form to enter your results. On the form you will enter your name, your score, and your time. That information will be put into the final results.
Park vehicles at the Visitor’s Center, off of Genesee Road, at the start location indicated on the map. Note that start and finish points are unmarked in the park; simply begin at the Visitor’s Center parking lot. Note that the full map consists of two pages, so be sure to download and print both pages. Page one shows the section of the park to the south of Genesee Road and page two shows the section north of Genesee, as well as the control descriptions.
Controls are flagged, but the flags may be located close to the ground or situated to avoid easy detection from a trail or road. Each flag is tagged with the number indicated on the map; the number in parenthesis is the point value for that control.
In light of the continuing coronavirus pandemic, please follow all health guidelines regarding safety and social distancing while enjoying this outdoor activity. It is a good idea to carry water, an emergency whistle, and a cell phone. Make sure others know your plan for the day and don’t take unnecessary risks. It is also a good idea to leave a copy of the map in your car or with a friend or relative, in case you find yourself requiring assistance.
- Information specific to an event can be obtained by contacting the Event Director.
- On-line registration is required for all events.
- For safety reasons, it is suggested that all participants carry a whistle.
- For forest events it is suggested that leg coverings be worn.
- Entry fees are $5 for members of any orienteering club. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10. Some special events may charge more.
- When registering for an event, members utilize a coupon code to get the member rate. At the beginning of the season this code is emailed to all members of BFLO and ROC. Members of other clubs should contact the event director for the code.
- Juniors, those from 12-20 years of age, pay the member rate.
- Children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. The coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form.
- Adult supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts pay the member rate.
- A limited number of compasses are available to borrow with advance notice.
- Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group as you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
- Events are held rain or shine. Entry fees are not refundable.
- Some events have an instructional component. At events without formal instruction, there will be someone to provide a briefing for newcomers.
- WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.