- This event has passed.
Sardinia Forest Solo Score-O Event
October 2 @ 10:00 am - October 10 @ 4:00 pm
To participate in the course there is a $10 fee for non-members or a $5.00 fee for members. Interested in becoming a member? You can do so here. Fees can be paid through registration.
1) Register Online & Pay – Register here.
2) You will receive an email with links to the course map.
3) Download & print your map or maps.
4) Go out & orienteer.
5) Record your time and your point total.
6) Complete the form below to be included in the results.
To be included in the event results:
You have three hours to find as many controls as possible and return to the start location, earning the indicated point value for each control you find. Please keep track of both your point total and your time if you plan to submit your results to the Club. Have fun and be safe! Complete this online form to enter your results. On the form you will enter your name, your score, and your time. That information will be put into the final results.
Park vehicles at the Visitor’s Center, off of Genesee Road, at the start location indicated on the map. Note that start and finish points are unmarked in the park; simply begin at the Visitor’s Center parking lot. Note that the full map consists of two pages, so be sure to download and print both pages. Page one shows the section of the park to the south of Genesee Road and page two shows the section north of Genesee, as well as the control descriptions.
Controls are flagged, but the flags may be located close to the ground or situated to avoid easy detection from a trail or road. Each flag is tagged with the number indicated on the map; the number in parenthesis is the point value for that control.
In light of the continuing coronavirus pandemic, please follow all health guidelines regarding safety and social distancing while enjoying this outdoor activity. It is a good idea to carry water, an emergency whistle, and a cell phone. Make sure others know your plan for the day and don’t take unnecessary risks. It is also a good idea to leave a copy of the map in your car or with a friend or relative, in case you find yourself requiring assistance.
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.