- This event has passed.
February 12 @ 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
One hour score-O. Fifteen controls located both north and south of Emery Road. Participants are allowed to use skis, snowshoes, or regular boots or shoes.
All registration will take place online. Registration is open and available here. The fee to register is $5 for Club members and $10 for non-members. The deadline for registration is Thursday 2/10/22 at 11:59 pm. There will be no day of event on-site registration.
Day of Event Procedures
Check-in starts at 11:45 to pick up map and dibbler. Check-in is planned for shelter #2 near the “fieldhouse” on north side of Emery Road. Check-in location may change depending on plowing situation at the park. Watch for signs. If weather is really challenging, check-in will be at a car in the parking lot. Participants must start between 12:00 and 12:10 using a start punch.
If you are interested in renting snowshoes for the event options are listed below. Quantities are limited and it’s recommended that individuals make arrangements in advance. Individuals can reserve snowshoes by calling the stores or, in the case of Campus Wheelworks and Gear for Adventure, use online rental systems on their websites. The going rate is $20 a day.
- Campus Wheelworks, 744 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, 881-3613
- Gear for Adventure, 305 Buffalo St., Hamburg, 646-4327; and 3906 Maple Road, Amherst, 835-4327.
- Paths, Peaks & Paddles, 1000 Ellicott Creek Road, Tonawanda, 213-0350.
- Colden Ski & Board Shop, 8843 State Road, Colden, 941-5232.
No food, water, or snacks provided. Results online only (perhaps live online). Observe social distancing at all times, especially when checking in, lining up for start, and downloading. Masks required when indoors; e.g., when using rest room.
- Information specific to an event can be obtained by contacting the Event Director.
- On-line registration is required for all events.
- For safety reasons, it is suggested that all participants carry a whistle.
- For forest events it is suggested that leg coverings be worn.
- Entry fees are $5 for members of any orienteering club. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10. Some special events may charge more.
- When registering for an event, members utilize a coupon code to get the member rate. At the beginning of the season this code is emailed to all members of BFLO and ROC. Members of other clubs should contact the event director for the code.
- Juniors, those from 12-20 years of age, pay the member rate.
- Children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. The coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form.
- Adult supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts pay the member rate.
- A limited number of compasses are available to borrow with advance notice.
- Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group as you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
- Events are held rain or shine. Entry fees are not refundable.
- Some events have an instructional component. At events without formal instruction, there will be someone to provide a briefing for newcomers.
- WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.