Join us at the Fieldhouse in Emery Park for a general meeting. The general membership meeting will include some club news, recognition of map hike completions and a review of the upcoming season. The format will allow you to meet some club members, take a look at orienteering maps and participate in an orienteering activity.
All Buffalo Orienteering Club members are invited to attend the July board meeting at Chestnut Ridge Park. We will meet at Shelter #21, near the Newton Road entrance. Hot dogs and veggie burgers will be served at 6:30, with the meeting beginning at 7:00pm. Please RSVP to Rob and bring a dish to share. There
Join us virtually through Zoom for a general meeting. The general membership meeting will include some club news, recognition of map hike completions, board elections and a review of the upcoming season. Come online and hear about our plans for the spring events and participate in an online orienteering activity. The Zoom link will be
The Annual Meeting for the 2021 season is planned for April 17, 2021. The general membership meeting will be held at 10:00 am on April 17th using Zoom. The meeting will include some club news, recognition of map hike completions and a review of the upcoming season. The Zoom link will be provided in a
Join us for a Zoom meeting for the Annual meeting to start the 2022 orienteering season. The Zoom info and link will be emailed to all current club members. The meeting will include some club news, recognition of map hike completions and a review of the upcoming season. The online festivities start at 10:00am.
The Annual Meeting for the 2023 season is planned for April 15, 2023 The general membership meeting will be held at Stohrer Lodge in Emery Park. The meeting will include some club news, recognition of map hike completions and a review of the upcoming season. The meeting is open to members, guests and map hike
· Always report to the finish personnel even if you decide not to complete your course.
· Online registration is strongly suggested for all events and is the only way to guarantee that a map will be available for you. The deadline for online registration is generally the Thursday night before a weekend event. A limited number of maps will be available for registration on the day of the event.
· For safety reasons, all participants should carry a whistle.
· For forest events, leg coverings should be worn.
· Entry fees are $5 for members in good standing of any orienteering club affiliated with OUSA, COF, or IOF. Juniors (up to and including age 20), who are part of a BFLO Family Membership, participate for free. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10 (Juniors $5). Some special events may charge more, such as the Ellicottville Adventure Run.
· Non-Member children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. A coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form. Generally, children do not receive a map when participating in a group with older people.
· Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group when you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
· Events are held rain or shine.
· At online registration and event information, participants are asked to stay home if they are not feeling well or have tested positive for Covid. Participants are informed that their fees will be returned if they inform the registrar they are sick with a communicable illness before their arrival time.
· At all events someone will be available to provide a briefing for newcomers. When you register online please indicate that this is your first time attending an event by answering the appropriate question on the registration form.
· WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.
· A limited number of compasses are available to borrow.