Past Events › National Meet
Events Search and Views Navigation
National Ranking Event A National orienteering meet featuring multiple courses and a map scale of 1:10,000 in 5 colors. Although this is a national meet and a ranking event the meet features courses for the beginner or advanced orienteer. Courses white (beginner) yellow (advanced beginner) orange (intermediate) green (advanced short) red (advanced) blue and brown may compete on red and orange respectively Registration Registration is $15 for non-club members and $10 for club members. Pre-registration is available online here. See…Find out more »
- Information specific to an event can be obtained by contacting the Event Director.
- On-line registration is required for all events.
- For safety reasons, it is suggested that all participants carry a whistle.
- For forest events it is suggested that leg coverings be worn.
- Entry fees are $5 for members of any orienteering club. Non-members are always welcome and pay $10. Some special events may charge more.
- When registering for an event, members utilize a coupon code to get the member rate. At the beginning of the season this code is emailed to all members of BFLO and ROC. Members of other clubs should contact the event director for the code.
- Juniors, those from 12-20 years of age, pay the member rate.
- Children, from 0-11 years of age, do not have to pay a fee but they must be registered and their waiver must be signed by a parent. The coupon code to eliminate the fee will be noted in the online registration form.
- Adult supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts pay the member rate.
- A limited number of compasses are available to borrow with advance notice.
- Groups are welcome. A “group” is defined as 2 or more people who start together, stay together, finish together, and receive one score. Indicate you are participating in a group as you register. It is recommended that groups not exceed 4 people. If your group has more than 4 people in it, please contact the Event Director before registering. All members of a group must register and pay the appropriate fee.
- Events are held rain or shine. Entry fees are not refundable.
- Some events have an instructional component. At events without formal instruction, there will be someone to provide a briefing for newcomers.
- WAIVER POLICY: All participants must sign a waiver as a part of the online registration process. Parents must sign for their minor children.