Past Events › Training
Events Search and Views Navigation
The intermediate training session on Saturday, September 22, 2018 will concentrate on teaching those skills that are necessary to progress from the Yellow to the Orange Course and beyond. These skills include pace counting, compass bearings, attack points, using handrails and catching features, contour interpretation, and map simplification. The session will be held from 10 AM to 1 PM at Sprague Brook Park. Follow signs from the park entrance to the meeting place. The session is free but participants must…Find out more »
This workshop is for anyone interested in learning how to design an orienteering course and/or use the Purple Pen software. See all the details below and be sure to register if you are interested. The workshop is open to club members. Information on joining the club can be found here. 9:45 Arrive 10:00 – 11:15 Part One: Principles of Course Design 11:15 – 11:30 Break 11:30 – 12:45 Part Two: Using Purple Pen to Layout Courses on the Map Participants…Find out more »
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.