- This event has passed.
Chestnut Ridge Solo Event
May 15 @ 10:00 am - May 23 @ 4:00 pm$5.00 – $10.00
A solo orienteering event from May 15, 2021 through May 23, 2021. There are three courses available: Short with 8 controls over a 3.5km course, Intermediate with 12 controls over a 4.9km course, and Long with 17 controls over a 6.9km course. This is a Solo event with no Onsite Event Management. The controls will be up from May 15th at 10am until May 23rd at 4pm. Complete anytime during the days that orienteering flags will be up in the park.
To participate in the event there is a $10 fee for non-members or a $5.00 fee for members. Interested in becoming a member? You can do so here. Fees can be paid through registration.
1) Register Online & Pay
2) Receive Email within 24 Hours with links to all 3 course maps
3) Download & print your map or maps
4) Go Out & orienteer
5) Record your time and whether you found all the controls
6) Complete the form below to be included in the results
To be included in the event results:
Time yourself as you complete the course if you’d like to be included in the event results. Complete this online form to enter your results. On the form you will enter your name, which course you completed, and your time. That information will be put into the final results. The form will be available from May 15, 2021 until May 24, 2021.
- The start and finish points for the courses are unmarked in the park, but are located on the maps by Shelter 21 near the Newton Road entrance.
- Controls are flagged, but the flags in spots are placed close to the ground or situated to avoid easy detection from a trail or road. The woods are fairly open, although there are thorns and muddy spots in some sections.
- The courses were designed to be completed in order as marked on the maps, but, if wanted, feel free to search for controls in any order. Have fun and be safe.
- If you think a control is missing, please call Henry Davis at 716-868-3593.
- If wanted, the maps can be printed at a larger scale on more than one sheet of paper. If a scale of 1:7500 is wanted, for instance, enlarge by 33%, or a factor of 1.33. You will have to trim and tape together the separate sheets of paper.
- Please follow health guidelines regarding Covid, including wearing a mask and social distancing when appropriate. It’s a good idea to bring water to the park and a cell phone. Make sure others know your plan for the day, and don’t take unnecessary risks.
IMPORTANT: There will be no on-site event management, so choose a course suitable for your skill and level of fitness. Downloading the map serves as agreement to a waiver in which you fully accept all risks and responsibilities for losses, costs and damages you incur as a result of your participation in this event, and that you release the Buffalo Orienteering Club, Erie County and OUSA from any liability. A copy of the waiver is posted here.
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.