- This event has passed.
Emery Park Solo Event
June 5 @ 10:00 am - June 13 @ 4:00 pm$5 – $10
A solo orienteering event from June 5, 2021 through June 13, 2021. There are three courses available: Short with only 4 controls over a 2.1 km course, Medium with 8 controls over a 5.0 km course, and Long with 16 controls over a 6.6 km course. This is a Solo event with no Onsite Event Management. The controls will be up from June 3rd at 10am until June 13th at 4pm. Complete anytime during the days that orienteering flags will be up in the park.
To participate in the event there is a $10 fee for non-members or a $5.00 fee for members. Interested in becoming a member? You can do so here. Fees can be paid through registration.
1) Register Online & Pay – Register here. See who’s competing here.
2) You will receive an email with links to all three course maps on June 4th or within 24 hours, whichever is later.
3) Download & print your map or maps
4) Go Out & orienteer
5) Record your time and whether you found all the controls
6) Complete the form below to be included in the results
To be included in the event results:
Time yourself as you complete the course if you’d like to be included in the event results. Complete this online form to enter your results. On the form you will enter your name, which course you completed, and your time. That information will be put into the final results. The form will be available from June 5, 2021 until June 13, 2021.
- The start and finish points for the courses are unmarked in the park, but are located on the maps by Shelter on the south side of the park.
- Controls are flagged, but the flags in spots are placed close to the ground or situated to avoid easy detection from a trail or road. The woods are fairly open, although there are thorns and muddy spots in some sections.
- The courses were designed to be completed in order as marked on the maps, but, if wanted, feel free to search for controls in any order. Have fun and be safe.
- If you think a control is missing, please call Rod Cameron at 716-688-8332.
- If wanted, the maps can be printed at a larger scale on more than one sheet of paper. If a scale of 1:7500 is wanted, for instance, enlarge by 33%, or a factor of 1.33. You will have to trim and tape together the separate sheets of paper.
- Please follow health guidelines regarding Covid, including wearing a mask and social distancing when appropriate. It’s a good idea to bring water to the park and a cell phone. Make sure others know your plan for the day, and don’t take unnecessary risks.
- Information about a specific meet or directions can be obtained by contacting the meet director by phone or email.
- All participants are required to sign a release waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a waiver signature by a parent. If your parent is not coming to the meet, download the waiver form, sign and bring to the meet.
- Follow the orienteering signs at the park entrance to the meet location.
- Entry fees for all BFLO meets are $5 for current BFLO members or members of any orienteering club. The fee is $10 for non-members, except as noted for special meets.
- Groups are very welcome and are charged the above fees for team leader, plus $5 for each additional individual age 11 and older. All members receive their own map if they desire one.
- Compass rental fee is $2.
- Entry fees at all events are at the members’ rates for adult-supervised groups of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Events are held rain or shine.